|AuschwitzPage 1234||BirkenauPage 123||Other||Plaszów
Several hundred women prisoners, mainly Jewish were held in two upstairs rooms of this block and used as human guinea-pigs for sterilization experiments conducted by Professor Dr Carl Clauberg, a German gynaecologist, from April 1943 to May 1944. Some of them died from the treatment they received, others were murdered so that autopsies could be performed on them. Those who survived were left with permanent injuries.
Other SS doctors also conducted
experiments on women in this block.